Advocacy & Policy Core Values
The SUD Federation promotes quality and cooperation throughout NC’s
recovery oriented system of care through advocacy, education, and support, across prevention,
treatment, and recovery.
- Advocate for Increased funding for prevention, screening, and early intervention programs; support public health policies that restrict youth access to alcohol, drugs, and tobacco.
- Support any efforts to increase people’s access to harm reduction resources.
- Advocate for equitable and immediate access to a menu of adequate and appropriate substance use disorder treatment services.
- Advocate for increased funding for robust community-based recovery support services for individuals and families.
- Support legislation that increases opportunities for people in recovery from substance use disorder to live full lives.
Committee Members: Karen Chapple, Donald McDonald, Tad Clodfelter, Kathleen Lowe, Robin Huffman, Deeanna Hale-Holland, Dale Willetts.
Last Updated 5.10.2018